Friday, October 24, 2008

Looking for work

Blogging is slow as I'm currently looking for work. I'm out in western PA, so if anyone out there is interested, let me know.

Related to this and needs around the house, I haven't done much in the way of programming at home. However, I did start to work on a little C coding. Figured I'd best make myself a bit more marketable :-) So, I decided to start by writing a string library that would not be affected by buffer overflows. So far, I just got a strcat replacement working. It appears to work great, however since I use malloc to allocate a new buffer that contains the two strings concatenated, the new string has to be released using free. It's a bit more work, but it may be worth it. Of course, it would be nice to not have to worry about it. Just not sure how...

However, I think if I get the library working the way I want, I can later port it to C++ as a class. That may take care of the malloc issue since I can rely on a destructor being called to release any allocated memory.

When I get the code back to my home computer, I'll have to post the functions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home