Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back and Unit Tests

First, back from vacation. Was relaxing until I got back to work and I was greeted with "PANIC!!! WE NEED THIS NOW!!!" Yeah.

Second, I started a new project mainly as an attempt to learn D. So far, I haven't gotten very far, but I do have a makefile setup so that I can build the project with or without unit tests enabled. D has an interesting feature with the compiler where you can build your executable with unit tests enabled and they are run when you execute the program. So far, it seems to work very well. Would have continued but I ran into a problem: data loading.

See, I want this program to work on large data sets that won't necessarily fit in memory, so if I write a function that is supposed to work over a large set of data, I can't just pass in an array and go forth. Ah well, it's probably best that I start there anyway. I just wanted to get the unit testing working so that I fully understood how it worked.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home