Sunday, December 16, 2007

How bazaar!

I've blogged about version control systems in the past, but I never made mention of Bazaar before. Well, I found an interesting link through reddit, I think, and it's worth reading.

http://bazaar-vcs.org/Workflows

Why is this cool? Unlike any other tool I've looked at recently, this is the only one that details the various scenarios a version control tool could be used in. This resolves some of the concerns that I have in that with Bazaar, we can have a centralized server and still be able to version files locally. Best of both worlds!

Needless to say, I'm really going to look into this tool. I figure any project that looks at things like workflows and shows you how to use the tool in those situations as well as ensuring you can use the tool in different scenarios is a good sign. Does this mean that Bazaar is the best solution? Probably not, but it seems like a very good all-around solution.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home