Friday, May 25, 2007

Ion Rocks

As you may have read before, I was trying out Ion as my new WM. It rocks. Outside of one app that didn't want to play nice, it works very well. The best way I can describe it is to say it's like GNU screen on steroids. I can switch between apps, frames, and desktops without a mouse. It's also very stable. It hasn't crashed on me once.

As someone who spends a lot of time on a laptop, this works very well. I don't have a mouse at all times and the touchpad doesn't work very well, so being able to stick with a keyboard for everything is very nice. That's also one of the reasons I like Vim.

It's quite funny. I started out using DOS. Used a number of iterations if MS Windows GUI's as well as a number of Linux WMs and I'm back using something very basic and simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home