Monday, April 16, 2007

Lousy blogger...

Yeah, I suck. I haven't posted in a while, but I've been working on my final Master's class for the last few weeks, so I haven't had much time. However, the good news is that this is providing a nice little testbed for my framework. It still needs some work in the way of bug fixes and I do know it needs a couple extra features, namely caching. After I'm done with my class I plan on adding it. Nothing big. Just a way to capture the output of a page and cache it for a period of time. Not the most advanced thing, but a nice optimization, especially if you're running a slow server or just have a page that takes a while to generate. Again, this will be done in such a way so that it doesn't muck with your coding.

Another feature I am debating is having a couple functions to generate simple insert/update statements. The reason for this is that I've found myself converting insert statements to update statements. I figure that this way if the developer converts a script that does an insert to a script that does an update, they just have to change a function call. Not 100% sure if I want to do it, especially since I just remembered the INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE statement for MySQL.

Anyway, hopefully this summer I'll be able to update more and, if all goes well, I'll release my first version of my framework. I also have another little project that I plan on doing for fun that I'd like to work on as well. Maybe I'll win a prize...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home