Thursday, January 11, 2007

LaTeX Goodness

First off, Happy Belated New Year!

Second, for those of you who haven't tried it, check out LaTeX. After reading a number of articles on why typesetting languages are better than word processors and on why binary blob formats are bad for archival purposes, I decided to try it out. I must say, I really like it. Currently I started working on my resume using it, I'm documenting an API I'm developing at work, and, using the Prosper package, I'm building a presentation. It's really quite simple and it makes nice looking documents. For the API, I'm really loving it because I can document everything while looking at the code at the same time in gVim. Also, it takes care of the title page, page numbering, and table of contents all for me.

Seriously, check it out, especially if your a developer. I'm really loving the fact I can use my favorite editor to make professional looking documents. As I said before, it's especially nice when you're documenting an API while looking at the code.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home